Selection of Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Recipients
In 2020, the Global Business Course (hereafter the GBC), in the School of Economics and Management of the University of Hyogo (hereafter the University), became one of the few universities selected by the Japanese government's Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (hereafter MEXT) for its ”Government Scholarship Program” .
Eight students from the years of enrollment from 2021 to 2023 (with plans to apply for extensions thereafter) will receive scholarships for four years, from matriculation until graduation, as government-sponsored international students. The University will inform students who have passed the GBC entrance examination and meet the requirements (see Reference
(1)) of the specific selection process, and the University will recommend eight students each year to MEXT after a rigorous internal screening process (see Reference (2) for the schedule for fiscal year 2021).
There are two stages of selection:
- The GBC Steering Committee （hereafter the Committee）, consisting of faculty members of the University, will fairly select about 16 applicants based on their performance in the entrance examination. Applicants who pass the first screening will be notified of the details of the second screening (and will be given a presentation topic).
- The Committee will conduct a level check of your presentation and logical thinking ability, etc., and the Committee members will strictly judge your application. The screening will be conducted online. The University will select the top eight students from the second round and recommend them to MEXT.
1) 1st Screening:
2) 2nd Screening:
Reference (1): Eligibility for the 2021 academic year
- (1) Those who do not have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese Government.
- (2) Those whose student visa will not be newly issued (e.g., international students residing in Japan)
- (3) Japanese nationals (those who give up their Japanese nationality before coming to Japan are eligible)
- (4) Those who were born on or before April 1, 1996
Successful applicants admitted to the GBC September 2021 enrollment except for the following:
Reference (2): Schedule in fiscal year 2021
|May12||The University sent information and application form designated by MEXT to eligible students.|
The Committee decides who passed the 1st Screening.
The University gives the results of the 1st Screening, the presentation topic, and the schedule of the 2nd screening to applicants.
|May27 - 28||2nd Screening|
|May31 - Jun04||The Committee decides who to recommend to MEXT.
The University notifies the 8 nominees of the result and asked them to submit the required documents.
|June09||Deadline for submission of required documents (in the case any candidates withdraw, the runner-up will be notified to submit the required documents).|
|June24||Submission of the list of recommended candidates and required documents to MEXT|
|Aug20||MEXT notifies the University of the result.
The University notifies 8 candidates that they are officially determined to be a GBC MEXT Scholar of the GBC.