Exchange Program

The University of Hyogo welcomes international students from our partner universities! As a university open to the world, we welcome students from various backgrounds and countries. In order to create an environment where international exchange can naturally take place, we are keen to invite exchange students.

Application Procedures for Partner Universities

How to apply

Information concerning exchange programs' applications will be sent to the coordinator in charge at our partner university twice a year. We will send "Information Sheet" and other application documents, and announce the deadline for the application.
Information will be provided around July to August for the acceptance for the 1st semester. For the 2nd semester, it will be around January to February.
University of Hyogo cannot respond to requests from students or third parties, so students who are interested in applying must request the information through their home universities.

Application Requirements

Language requirements and conditions differ depending on the host school. We will send you an Annex which shows the conditions of each school and courses for receiving exchange students; please check the guidelines.

Nomination Schedule at a Glance

Accommodation Information

The host school will provide information on accommodation.
The Kobe Campus for Commerce has an on-campus dormitory, "Global House."
Exchange students can apply for Global House, but if there are no vacancies, we will arrange an off-campus apartment.

Requirements for Global House

  1. English proficiency
    Applicants must prove that they have sufficient English language proficiency by submitting standardized exam results equivalent to level B1 of CEFR or higher.
  2. Applicants must understand and comply with the rules and regulations of Global House. Note that drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited even if students are over 20 years old.

For other campuses, we will arrange off-campus apartments.